Hello, visitors today Learn Best CMD Tricks(Command Prompt) with the latest. As we can use notepad for multiple tasks like the coding editor, dairy and etc for more you need to check all notepad tips and tricks. But average users who have basic knowledge of computer don’t know all options of windows.
Some task in Windows is very difficult to like get IP address of a system, resolve Domain name to IP address, no active internet connection etc. But in DOS operating system, with the help one command, we can do these task. Dos is the first command based Microsoft operating system. We can do many tasks in an easy way with the help of Dos but we only need to know about these commands. If you do not know about this command then this article is for you. In this article, we provide you a list of Best CMD Tricks and hacks.
Table of Contents
- 1 List Of Best CMD Tricks (Command Prompt Hacks).
- 1.1 1) Creating Con Or NonDeletable Folder With CMD
- 1.2 2) Shut Down Computer With Commands
- 1.3 3) Shutdown Computer In Specified Time With CMD
- 1.4 4) Print Message Before Shut Down
- 1.5 5) Assoc CMD Command
- 1.6 6) Hide A Folder With CMD Command
- 1.7 7) IP Related CMD Command
- 1.8 8) Net Related Commands
- 1.9 9) Netstat CMD Command
- 1.10 10) Nslookup CMD Command
- 1.11 11) Get a List Of PC Drivers
- 1.13 12) Star Wars IV Trick
- 1.14 13) Create Your Own WiFi Hotspot
- 3 Best CMD Tricks To Watch This Videos On Youtube
List Of Best CMD Tricks (Command Prompt Hacks).
1) Creating Con Or NonDeletable Folder With CMD
Windows OS, if you can not create and modify name con folder. because it is a variable name used by Windows OS programming. Another variable name included lp1, lpt2, lpt3 up to lpt9, aux. So Windows can not allow modifying this folder with rename this. But with the help of dos command, we can create a folder with such name. So here how to implement this Best CMD Tricks.
1. Press Windows button and run CMD as administrator.
2. Type the command with this syntax “drive name: “. This command you allows enter in the drive in which you want to folder a create. For example b: and press enter.
3. After you enter the following command.
4. After that, your folder is created in specified drive.
Deleting con Folder.
You can not delete such folder manually by using Windows OS. If you delete this folder type the following command in the command prompt.
2) Shut Down Computer With Commands
Best in all other Best CMD Tricks and hacks. You can also shut down your computer by using a command prompt. Type the following command in command prompt.
For Shut Down
-s -r -l parameter tells the computer to shut down, restart, log off
3) Shutdown Computer In Specified Time With CMD
You can also shut down your computer in specified time using the CMD (command). If you want to shut down your computer after just two minutes type the following command.
4) Print Message Before Shut Down
We can also print some message before shutting down a computer. Some users can use it as a reminder which reminds you a task at the time of shut down. We can do this by using the following command.
We can replace my message with our message we want to display.
5) Assoc CMD Command
There are many programs installed in your computer. If you know which file is associated with which program then we can do this by typing the following command
This command provides you a list of programs and their associated files.
6) Hide A Folder With CMD Command
We can play some interesting and Best CMD Tricks. you can hide your folder location. By hiding a folder you can also save your data from other users. You can do this by typing the following command.
Where ABC is the name of the directory we want to hide.
Unhide The Folder.
If we can also unhide the hidden folder using the command prompt. To unhide the folder type the following command.
7) IP Related CMD Command
config is the most useful command to see the IP address, subnet mask, and Default gateway. This command is related to networking troubleshooting and is most important this problems related to TCP/IP.
To view Subnet Mask and IP Address use.
To view TCP/IP related Information use.
To view DNS cache use.
To delete the local cache of DNS use.
8) Net Related Commands
Net is a powerful cmd tool which is used to see the stat of the network. This command provides information about the active connection. This command is used to view or update network settings.
This is used to only the services that are started using the following versions of this CMD command.
1. net stop server ( when the server is currently not running any service).
2. net start server (when the server is starting a service).
3. net start (This command is used to check the services that are currently running).
4. For one connecting to shared another network devices use the following command.
net use m: shared server name (for connecting to share network drives).
net use m: shared server name/delete (for disconnecting to share network drives).
9) Netstat CMD Command
Netstat command is the most important tool when you want to know about who is establishing a connection with your windows operating system. You can use the Netstat command with following attributes
1. -a (display all connection).
2. -n (shorts connection in numerical order).
3. -b (display executable name. that is browser name).
10) Nslookup CMD Command
When we use the internet, Domain name server resolves the Domain names to IP addresses so we do not need to remember the IP addresses. But in a case of troubleshooting, we can rather get the IP address of the particular website using this command.
11) Get a List Of PC Drivers
Another amazing in all Best CMD Tricks by using it we can get a complete list of all drivers installed on your PC along with their details. Just type “driver query” in the Command Prompt and press Enter to see the list of all drivers installed on your PC along with their details.
12) Star Wars IV Trick
In this nonproductive yet awesome trick, we will tell you how to watch star wars. Well, it won’t be an HD version but the ASCII coded movie is still very enjoyable. To watch the movie, open Command Prompt, then enter this command “telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl” and hit Enter. Make sure you have telnet enabled on your PC. to know more details click here.
13) Create Your Own WiFi Hotspot
Due to android phones, we are used to using Wifi hotspots. Therefore, we can create a Wifi hotspot using our laptop or PC with this simple CMD trick. You can rather use this trick to share your wireless dongle internet connection with other devices.
Enter the following command to enable Wi-Fi Hotspot.
“netsh WLAN set hosted network mode=allow ssid=Hotspotname key=password”
Then, to start Hotspot, enter:
“netsh WLAN start hosted network”
As well as to stop hotspot, enter:
“netsh WLAN stop hosted network”
Best CMD Tricks To Watch This Videos On Youtube